If your booking was made on or after the 2nd of March 2022, a different cancellation policy will apply. Please check the article Spotahome Cancellation Policy.
If you cancel 60 days or more before check-in, by paying a EUR/GBP 50 cancellation fee for administration costs, tenants can get a refund for
- 100% of the reservation fee
- 100% of the first rent payment
30 - 59 days before check-in, by paying a EUR/GBP 50 cancellation fee for administration costs, tenants can get a refund for
- 100% of the reservation fee
- 50% of the first rent payment
29 days or less before check-in
- No refund of the reservation fee
- No refund of the first rent payment
Important guidance for tenants:
- The above refund rules apply, even if government travel restrictions are in place at the time of booking cancellation.
- We recommend you consider government travel restrictions in your current location as well as those in the city where the property is located before you make your reservation.
- Please be aware that the above refund rules also apply in case of changes of your study or work plans, including for example cancellation of university programmes or internships.
- In all circumstances, once a contract has been signed between the tenant and the property owner, the terms of the direct contract will take precedence.
- Any funds that have been transferred directly to the property owner, are at the discretion of the property owner to refund to the tenant. This includes the security deposit.
- Any refund terms related to early departure are subject to the terms set in the contract signed between the tenant and the property owner, and any changes to those terms are to be agreed directly between the tenant and the owner.
- Please be assured that we can provide you with an Acceptance Letter for your visa or residence permit application if required. Simply reach out to us via our contact form to request it. Please note that if you wish to cancel your confirmed booking before move-in, our booking fees are non-refundable after you have received an Acceptance Letter, regardless of how far in advance you cancel a confirmed booking.
“What happens if the property owner rejects my booking?”
Spotahome will not make any charge to the tenant’s payment card.
“What happens if the property owner accepts, then later cancels my booking?”
Spotahome will seek to help the tenant book a replacement property. Should no alternative properties be suitable, Spotahome will refund 100% of the reservation fee and first rent payment to the tenant.
“What happens if the property owner ends my lease early?”
- Once a contract has been signed between the tenant and the property owner, the terms of the direct contract will take precedence.
- Any funds that have been transferred directly to the property owner are at the discretion of the property owner to refund to the Tenant. This includes the security deposit.
"What happens if my university programme or internship is cancelled due to new Covid-19 restrictions?"
Please consider that in accordance with our Guarantee and Force Majeure policies we are only able to offer full refunds in cases where you are unable to travel to the booked property due to illness or travel bans. Changes in your study/work plans do not qualify for Force Majeure cancellations. We strongly recommend to check with your university and/or exchange programme before booking.
Do you still have questions?
Use the Contact Form to reach out to our team who will be happy to help you with your query.