Spotahome is committed to building trust within the rental market across the world and within our marketplace, by minimising the potential risks and poor experiences that tenants and landlords may face whilst searching for properties and renting.
For this reason, we will close user’s accounts, cancel bookings, unpublish properties or restrict / limit access without notice for major violations such as:
- They are not willing to resolve fair and reasonable negative feedback or complaints.
- After investigating an issue or complaint, we deem there is sufficient cause to remove a user from our service.
- They behave inappropriately, including being racist or sexist, threatening, bullying, stealing from or abusing the trust of customers.
- They receive serious complaints relating to their rental practices or personal conduct from outside of the Spotahome site.
- We receive feedback on them from Government bodies or the Police.
- Fraudulent misrepresentation.
- They set up multiple Spotahome accounts for personal gain.
- They can no longer pass identity / residency verification.
- They can no longer meet the financial stability criteria that we have set.
- A user threatens / initiates litigation procedures against Spotahome.
- Payment fraud.
- Rental payment default.
- Create fake listing(s).
- Create fake profiles.
- Illegally sublet a property which the user does not have the legal right to do so.
- A user suggests or goes outside of the Spotahome marketplace with the other digitally connected user, in order to not pay our fees.
- Mis-use of account / low performance accounts.
- Non- appropriate listing conditions.
- Landlord set unjustifiable fees, policies, deposits or hidden costs.
- Landlord does not return security deposits unjustifiable.
- The property conditions create an unsafe living condition or violate legislation rules / laws.
- Not complying with cancellation policy terms and conditions.
- Safety Concerns.
- Misuse of our guarantee liability products.
- Landlords continuously not adhering to the bookings they have confirmed - price, location, property etc.
- Landlords not willing to sign-up to GoCardless in the UK. This is mandatory for all our UK landlords.
- Users do not pay Spotahome penalties / fees which they have incurred.
This list is by no means exhaustive and is there to protect both tenants, landlords and Spotahome.
When minor infractions occur or when Spotahome deems it in its sole discretion and understanding, Spotahome will notify the user about the aforementioned infractions so the user can resolve them. Likewise, the user may appeal the actions taken by contacting Spotahome customer service.