Under certain circumstances, Spotahome (the Company) will provide Guarantee to users without any need for the user to opt-in or select the coverage in any way.
SPOTAHOME RESERVES THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW OR MODIFY THIS POLICY AT ANY TIME. We recommend you carefully read these Terms and Conditions regularly to inform yourself of any modifications.
The Guarantee is an additional service that Spotahome offers users and which will only be applied when the Company deems it appropriate and provided that all the conditions in the relevant section have been met.
Guarantee applicable to residents
A) Waiving of the Cancellation Policy for residents in the case of Force Majeure
In the event that the Resident cancels their reservation due to Force Majeure, Spotahome will waive the Cancellation Policy for residents and will reimburse the amount paid by the Resident to Spotahome, providing that sufficient documentation has been submitted and the assessment will be made at the sole discretion of Spotahome.
B) Cancellation of the reservation by the Owner within 48 hours following the arrival date
In the event that the Owner cancels the reservation within 48 hours following the arrival date in the accommodation, Spotahome will pay the Resident up to 300 Euros for accommodation at the company's discretion provided that the following requirements are met:
1) Spotahome has received the accommodation invoice.
2) The accommodation is in the same city where the Resident held the booking.
Reasons for force majeure
- Death of the user, a first-degree relative or, the minor or handicapped person where the Resident is the legal guardian.
- Serious damage to the accommodation.
Any other cases that arise suddenly and unexpectedly, considered as circumstances out of any of the party’s control. Included in this category are all those situations that, under the conditions set out in this clause, prevent the Owner from offering the Accommodation for rent and/or the Resident from arriving at the reserved Accommodation on the scheduled check-in date.
As an example, these circumstances may include, without limitation, natural disasters, terrorism, security threats at the location of the Accommodation, epidemics and/or outbreaks of a disease, travel restrictions as a result of any of the abovementioned circumstances, among others, the extent of which affects the Owner and/or the Resident as set out in the paragraph below.
Any of these circumstances shall specifically and individually be assessed by SPOTAHOME’s Agents. In the event that either Owner and/or Resident falls under any of these situations, SPOTAHOME reserves the right (i) to request from the affected parties any relevant documentation as deemed necessary on a case by case basis by the SPOTAHOME team and/or (ii) where appropriate, to directly authorize the cancellation of the reservation by the affected party without penalty.
Any decision regarding the situations included herein shall always be based on official communications from the relevant authorities provided at any given time.
For the avoidance of doubt, this policy does not include cancellations for: illness or injury, government travel advice that does not ban the user from travelling, cancellation or rescheduling of an event/study programme/professional commitment for which the booking was made, or changes in travel plans including cancellation or rescheduling of plane/train/bus tickets.
Spotahome will do their best to negotiate modifications and refunds with the landlord, and we kindly request the tenant to submit documentation that may help us in doing so. However, refunds that do not qualify for Force Majeure can only be offered upon discretion of the landlords.
In the event that the Resident tests positive in COVID prior to the check-in date, the Resident can request the postponement of their check-in, however, this can only be confirmed with the landlord's approval.
Should the Resident decline the possibility of postponing the check-in, Spotahome Force Majeure policy will apply only in the following cases:
- New travel prohibitions are adopted in the Resident's country of origin or in the property's country of destination (if different from the former), or
- The government of the country where the property is has instructed a lockdown which does not allow the Resident to move into the property
For the avoidance of doubt, Spotahome Force Majeure will not apply in the following circumstances:
- The Resident is not able to move into the property due to their COVID illness. Spotahome will do their best to negotiate with the landlord, but if postponing the booking is not possible, our cancellation policies apply. Any refunds offered by the landlords are at their discretion.
- The Resident is in an apartment and any roommate has tested positive in COVID and the Resident is asking Spotahome to be relocated. For clarity, it is essential to understand that Spotahome Intermediary digital service has been fully rendered once the Resident moved into the property, therefore, any circumstance occurring after the check-in is not the responsibility of Spotahome. Spotahome will assist the Resident by mediating with the Landlord but in any case the relocation or any other solution will be solely a Landlord's decision.
Do you still have questions? Use the Contact Form to reach out to our team who will be happy to help you with your query.