The Homecheckers are the eyes of the tenants: They visit the properties to undergo a quality control process and collect the audiovisual material (photos, video, floorplan) by showing every corner of the property. They also ask the landlord information about the property or room to rent as well as technical data such as the type of contract, price, additional costs, deposit, payment method, availability, minimum or maximum stay, documents required, square meters, property description, etc.
Articles in this section
- 1. What is a Homechecker?
- 2. Does Spotahome offer professional photo sessions?
- 3. Do all Spotahome listings need to be verified?
- 4. What information does the Homechecker need from the landlord?
- 5. I already have photos of my property, why is it necessary to take new ones?
- 6. What will the Homechecker do during the photo session?
- 7. How can I edit the photos on my listing?
- 8. How should I prepare my house for the professional photo session?
- 9. How can I change the date of or cancel a photo session?
- 10. Why are the photos and the video tour so important?