The time it takes to rent your property through Spotahome is dependent upon a number of factors. Below are some of the key factors that you can influence to speed up your first successful booking!
- Price - It is important to make sure that your property is fairly priced with the market conditions. We recommend using the Price Calculator within the Landlord Panel when setting your price to make sure you are competitive with other properties in the same location.
- Booking Conditions - The more flexible you are with booking conditions, the quicker you are likely to receive your first booking. You can see our recommended booking conditions here
- Quality of Property - Tenants are more likely to book a property which is nicely presented and has all the necessary furniture and appliances. We recommend making sure that the property has been cleaned and is in a tidy condition when the Homechecker visits. Our data shows that a tenant is much more likely to book a property that is well taken care of.
There are also several other factors that you should be aware can impact the time it takes to rent your property.
- Location - Tenants will generally look for accommodation in more desirable areas or locations that are close to their work / university. It is important to make sure that the price of the property is competitive for the location.
- Seasonality - Depending on the profile of the tenant you are looking for, the time it takes to rent the property can be impacted by seasonality. Students are more likely to book a property for September or January whereas the professional market is more consistent throughout the year.
- Availability - Making sure your availability is updated and refreshed will help you to receive bookings. Tenants are more likely to book a property that is recently updated than one that hasn’t been updated. For more information on how to update the availability of your property click here
Do you still have questions? Use the Contact Form to reach out to our team who will be happy to help you with your query.
Article is closed for comments.