As a tenant with a confirmed booking in a property covered by our Plus or All-in guarantee, all monthly rent payments will be collected through Spotahome's rent collection service via direct debit, through our partner payment platform Stripe.
This process is mandatory and it must be completed before receiving the keys to the property. The rent collection service ensures a seamless and hassle-free payment experience for you
How does the rent collection service work?
- Authorization of Payment: To initiate the rent collection process, you will need to create a direct debit mandate or consent for Spotahome. We will provide the link to create it in an email after your booking has been confirmed. This authorization allows Spotahome to automatically debit money from your account for the rent payment each month during your stay.
- Automatic Debit: Once the direct debit is set up, Spotahome will automatically collect the rent payment for the corresponding month from your account. This collection will take place without any action required from your side.
- Notification: Before each future payment, Spotahome will notify you in advance. This notification serves as a reminder that a payment will be debited from your account. Rest assured that no money will be debited from your account merely by granting this authorization.
Requirements to activate Direct Debit:
In order to activate your Direct Debit, you will have to be the owner of a European bank account from a SEPA country, namely one of the 36 countries that are part of the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA). You can find more information here
Our team will review your profile, and will tell you how to proceed based on your nationality/country of residence:
- If you have a footprint in a SEPA country (you were born, reside or already live in one): it is mandatory for you to set up your SEPA direct debit. This process is completely free of charge, and no commissions will ever be charged to any of your payments.
- If you don’t have a footprint in a SEPA country: we will give you the opportunity to add your foreign credit/debit card to your booking as a temporary solution.
To do so, we will send you an invoice to pay a refundable amount of 0.50€, which will add the card to your booking.
If you haven't set up the SEPA direct debit mandate for your rental payments starting from the second month, Spotahome will use this card as an alternative. Please be aware that using a debit/credit card incurs an additional fee of 4% on your monthly rent. We highly recommend setting up a European bank account and completing the SEPA mandate upon your arrival in Europe to avoid these extra charges.
Rest assured that Spotahome will not charge anything to your card/bank account besides the monthly rent payment of your stay, as per the information provided in your booking confirmation email.
Setting up the direct debit rent collection service is a mandatory step for tenants residing in properties covered by Spotahome's Plus or All-in guarantee. By following the instructions in this article, you can easily activate your direct debit and ensure smooth and automatic rent payments throughout your stay. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding the rent collection service, please contact our customer support team for assistance.